Coconut Almond Joy Butter Crunch Cake
2 sticks/1 cup of butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 mini pack (8 individual) Almond Joy’s
1.5 tsp almond flavor
1 tsp vanilla flavor
2.5 cups of shifted cake flower
1.5 cups of milk ( carnation)
1/2 cup of carnation
1 mini pack (8 individual) Almond Joy
1.5 sticks of soften butter
3/4 cups of confectioner sugar
2tbs of cool whip
. 5tsp vanilla flavoring
.5 tsp almond flavoring
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Once fluffy add vanilla and almond flavorings.
2. Add eggs one by one. (allowing some time for each egg to mix before adding the next one)
3. Blend Almond Joys to the butter and sugar mixture until fluffy.
4. Alternate adding 1/4 of the the milk and flower to the bowl until all milk and flower is added. Blend until all ingredients create a creamy fluffy texture.
5. Grease baking pan. Pour in mixture. Let cook for 1hr on 350 degrees or until center is done.
1. Unwrap Almond Joys and remove the almond. Chop up the almonds into medium size pieces. (Put the almonds aside for use later)
2. Place the remainder of the candy in a chocolate melter.
3. Melt chocolate down. Whisk in the carnation milk. Let cool. Set aside.
4. In a bowl cream together butter and confectioner sugar.
5. Pour chilled Almond Joy and carnation mixture into the butter and sugar while blender is on medium speed. Mix until fluffy.
6. Add cool whip to the mixture. Whip until smooth.
7. Place in fridge for a half hour.
8. Ice the cake.
Sprinkle chopped almonds on top of icing.
Serve and enjoy!